If you use Bike-ID services (hereinafter referred to as the "Services"), you grant Bike-ID the right to use a certain set of data. Hereby we explain what information is collected, for what purpose and how it is used.
Information collected by Bike-ID
We collect information in order to provide users with better services.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information that you give us. Access to Bike-ID services requires for the most part Bike-ID account registration. Here we may ask you to provide e.g. your name, e-mail address, personal identification code, phone number or credit card information.
- Information we receive from you on the basis of your use of services. We collect information about what type of services you use and how (e.g. whether you use the bike insurance service).
- Device information. We gather device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, specific device identifiers and mobile network, including your telephone number).
- Log information. If you use our services or watch content offered by Bike-ID we collect and store specific information in server logs. This includes the following:
a) details of how you used our service, such as search queries;
b) IP addresses;
c) Information about device events, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your application and the referring URL;
d) cookies which may identify your browser or Bike-ID account.
- Location information. If you use Bike-ID services, we can collect and process information about your actual location. We use various forms of technology to determine location (e.g. IP addresses, GPS and other sensors) which can provide Google with information on e.g. nearby devices, WiFi access points and mobile masts.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect from all services to offer, administer, protect and improve existing services and develop new ones, as well as to protect Bike-ID users. In addition, we use this information to provide you with customised content, such as presenting you with more relevant ads.
If you contact Bike-ID, we store the communication to help solve problems that might arise. We may use your e-mail address to inform you of our services, e.g. providing you with planned changes or improvements.
Information that you share
Sometimes Bike-ID allows you to share information about yourself that you have stored in Bike-ID. Keep in mind that if you share your information publicly, search engines may register it.
Information that Bike-ID shares
Bike-ID does not share your personal information with companies, organisations or persons from Bike ID or companies connected to it without your consent.
Bike-ID has the right to share your personal information with third parties without your consent if we have good reason to believe that access to this information, its use, preservation or disclosure is necessary for the following reasons:
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable national requirements;
- to detect and prevent crime, including fraud or security or technical problems, or deal with them in any other way.
To ensure information security, we have taken the following steps:
- we encrypt Bike-ID services using SSL;
- we constantly review our information collection, storage and processing practices (including physical security measures) to protect systems against unauthorised access;
- we limit access to personal information to the Bike-ID employees and contracting parties who require the information for processing and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be penalised or their contract terminated if obligations are infringed.